Your home in nature
Home is where your heart is
Your relax and comfort is what drives us, but we also want to inspire you and make you fall in love with Cedro Alto the way we did. This is our curated list of routes and parks you would not want to miss, ideal to savor nature or simply lose yourself in the magical secondary roads
Routes and parks
- Grazalema Natural Park: Puerto de las Palomas is worth visiting, as well as the Chaletges Grazalema and Zahara de la Sierra.
- Ruta de los Pueblos Blancos: we encourage our guests to visit Setenil de las Bodegas, a gorgeous little Chaletge well-known for its houses built under the rock.
- Ruta de los Castaños: between Ronda and Costa del Sol, this route is strikingly beautiful due to the colourful contrast of the white Chaletges and chestnut trees along the way.
- Ruta del Valle del Guadiaro: the train track “Camino de Algeciras” runs along the banks of the river that gives its name to the valley, where we find the Buitrera Canyon as it passes through Gaucín station. The famous Cueva del Gato is located just on the other side of the hillside. Along this same route we also find La Cueva de la Pileta, one of the most notorious in Spain for its cave paintings, and towns with a lot of charisma, such as Benaoján, Montejaque, Jimera de Líbar or Cortes de la Frontera.
- Ruta del Valle del Genal: you can also visit Gibraltar, which lays 100 km away. The most famous section of this route runs between Atajate and Gaucín, from where you can enjoy dazzling views over the Strait of Gibraltar and the African continent.
If you’d rather go urban style, you have a mandatory date with the city of Ronda. Cradle of bandits and romantic travelers, it is located on a rocky platform overlooking the Guadalevín valley, running over a spectacular gorge, and it is recognized as one of the most beautiful cities in the world
Activities in Ronda and surroundings
- Speleology (Hundidero-Gato Complex, Sima Gesm...)
- Via ferratas (on the cornices of Tajo de Ronda, amongst others)
- Paragliding, Balloon Flight
- Mountain Bike, Buggy Routes, Horse riding